An extension to a 1960’s terraced house on a modernist estate in North London designed by architects Maccreanor Lavington wins Overall Winner at the New London Architecture’s fifth annual ‘Don’t Move, Improve!‘ awards. The judges lauded its “sympathetic interaction with the neighbouring vernacular styles”, and for setting the bar for improving London’s 1960’s estates. Continue Reading…
Crispy Rosemary Garlic Potatoes are made with just a few simple ingredients – thinly sliced potatoes stuffed with garlic and rosemary. This delicious, vegan, gluten free side dish, will satisfy your cravings for French fries, while staying relatively low in fat and calories.
- 5 Yukon gold Potatoes, scrubbed, patted dry, but not peeled
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves Garlic Cloves- thinly slice lengthwise
- 6 sprigs Rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven 425°F with a rack in the lower-middle position.
- Wash and dry the potatoes. Cut thin 0.3cm slits into the potato, stopping just before you cut through so that the slices stay connected at the bottom of the potato but don’t worry if you cut through.
- Slice the garlic, very thinly, lengthwise. Slip a piece of garlic in every other slit in the potatoes. Tuck a rosemary leaf or two in the other.
- Brush the bottom of the baking dish with olive oil and sprinkle dish with salt and pepper. Brush top and sides of potatoes with 1-2 Tablespoons olive oil, (reserving 1 tablespoon for brushing again halfway through baking).
- Arrange the potatoes in a baking dish and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Bake the potatoes for 35 minutes. At this point, the layers will start separating. Brush the potatoes again with a little oil, making sure some of it drips down into the space between the slices.
- Continue for another 25 to 35 minutes, until the potatoes are crispy on the edges and fork tender. If they begin to get too brown, lightly cover with foil and turn heat down to 400F. The total baking time is 60 to 70 minutes for average potatoes (if your potatoes are on the small side or are larger, adjust cooking time accordingly.)
- Garnish with fresh rosemary leaves.
- Serve it with salad.
Styling Inspiration: Neon Trend
Neon products featured as an emerging trend earlier this week. Now we have stumbled across these sculptural light installations by Italian artist Massimo Uberti on Design Milk. Outlines made styling headlines in 2014, add a twist to this look by illuminating the structures.
Check out Bolia’s impressive 2015 campaign.
Styling Inspiration from Jack Threads
If you are wondering how to style your next campaign keep abreast of the latest styling trends on Despoke.
Architecture: A Mirrored House
Above: Mirror House by Johan Selbing and Anouk Vogel
We turned our attention to mirrored structures.
Bathroom: Axor & Front
Design company Front turned the shower world upside down and shook it around when they built the exemplary Water Dream Shower using traditional piping with modern designer attachments.
TREND: Painterly prints
Painterly designs were the hottest print trend for surface pattern for S/S. The interior accessories by Jessica Zoob summed up the look.
Milan News: Cos x Nendo
Clerkenwell Design Week
Live footage of the latest new developments from designers exhibiting at the show.
Live at Clerkenwell Design Week 2014: with Pinch
Above: Float Table / oak top / stained base / colours – peach, black, white & red
Clerkenwell Design Week 2014 continued: Okay Studio
Above: ‘Apex Tables’ by Hunting and Narud
Editor’s Pick: Invisible Kitchen by i29 interior architects
i29 interior architects developed a kitchen system that seemed to disappear in space.
‘Monumental Pucci’ in Piazza San Giovanni by Pucci
Iconic fashion house Pucci unveiled ‘Monumental Pucci,’ a commission by the Centre of Florence for Italian Fashion to celebrate their 60th anniversary.
Red Dirt Rd. House by Amee Allsop
New York based designer Amee Allsop created the Red Dirt Rd. House for an Australian expat in East Hampton.
This post featured our favourite new products at 100% Design.
Styling & Design: A/W 2014 campaign by &Tradition
Print: ‘Big and Small’ collection by Nathalie Du Pasquier at the Wrong Shop
Wrong Shop recently introduced a new range of prints from Nathalie Du Pasquier’s entitled ‘Big and Small.’
Room: Inside Contemporary Interiors from Phaidon
Our favourite interior book of the year – Room: Inside Contemporary Design by Phaidon.
Norm Architects have created Close Bench a hybrid between a traditional bench and sofa in collaboration with Frederik Werner, Jacob Langebæk and Niels Højlund Rasmussen. Continue Reading…
With the release of the 2015 collection Danish brand Bolia 2015 cement their status as a brand to watch. The 160 page Lookbook is packed with some seriously good homewares styled impeccably by Pernille Vest featuring new products, designers and behind the scenes material.
Detail: Modern / Handmade / Minimal / Bright highlights / Blond / Graphic
Madison sofa, Argo table and Pli sideboard. Continue Reading…